Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:50:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>, Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alterations to vops

:
:We have that, see vfs_cluster.c, but if we could limit the outstanding
:IO per process whether read or write we could throttle procs so that
:they can't saturate the disks.
:
:--
:-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@wintelcom.net|alfred@freebsd.org]

    Programs such as cvsup and find do not queue up billions of
    I/O's.  They queue up one at a time pretty much, but the I/O's
    generate a lot of seeking due to the directory layouts on the
    media (when you have lots of small directories).

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>