Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:42:34 +0100
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, Brian Beattie <beattie@aracnet.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UDF

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 09:29:58AM +0100, Soren Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Brian Beattie wrote:
> > I have been looking at UDF ( the filesystem used on CD-RW and DVD's ).  I
> > was wondering if anybody was working on it.  I'm thinking about trying to
> > implement it for CD-RW's and would like to avoid duplication of effort and
> > the anoyance of getting half way through the effort and having somebody
> > else show up with a completed implementation.
>
> I have it on my TODO list, but I'm not started yet, and probably wont for
> some time to come.
> The reason I've put it on the backburner for now, is that DVD's can
> be read using the cd9660 filesystem, and that is sufficient for my
> needs for the time being.

I was under the impression that this was only possible as long as
the DVDs actually had an ISO9660 filesystem as well - which all
of my DVDs have, but which still doesn't mean that there are no
DVDs with only UDF, but no ISO9660 filesystem.

bye,
  Harold

--
Someone should do a study to find out how many human life spans have
been lost waiting for NT to reboot.