Date:      04 May 2001 16:57:19 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@sgi.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Subject:   Re: lockup after resume

"Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@sgi.com> writes:
> a) Does suspend/resume now work for you?

No, but I haven't upgraded my kernel since right before Easter.

> b) What hardware/firmware do you have (mine is a DELL Inspiron 7500
>    with BIOS rev A12)?

IBM ThinkPad 600E, don't remember the firmware revision but it's very
recent.

> One surprising observation: If I disable APM in /boot/device.hints, my
> machine suspends and resumes JUST FINE.  The BIOS alone seems to be
> able to suspend and awake the hardware behind FreeBSD's back.  The
> system only hangs if FreeBSD is involved in the process.

Hmm, I might try that.

BTW, last time I asked Warner about this his reply was (I paraphrase)
"it's not supposed to work, and if it ever worked for you it was out
of sheer luck", which I find surprising.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org