Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:46:51 -0700 (MST)
From:      statik@hate.cx
To:        John Brodzniski <jrbrodzinski@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-question@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rsync mirroring question

to automate it you can create ssh keys and and put them in the
~/.ssh/authorized_keys file on the recieving host.

John Brodzniski forced the bits to display:
> From what I read the default in version 2.5.4 is still
> rsh.
>
> Also if I would want to automate this how would I send
> the password.  Would I have to specify this in the
> --password-file argument?
>
> Thanks
> -John
> --- clark shishido <clark@ruminary.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 05:32:01PM -0700,
>> statik@hate.cx wrote:
>> > you can run rsync through ssh by adding
>> "--rsh=/path/to/ssh" (ie. rsync
>> > --rsh=/usr/bin/ssh /path/to/files
>> user@10.10.10.10:/where/you/want/the/files) to
>>
>> But everybody is using the latest patched rsync
>> right?
>> It uses ssh by default now, no need to give it
>> options like
>> --rsh or -e
>>
>> --clark

>> with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of
>> the message

<EOF>
::[ RFC 2795 ]::
 "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the
 people by the people for the people."
 -Oscar Wilde
statik@hate.cx / security engineer \ "My God, it's full of stars..."
PGP fingerprint: D656 01EB 79FC 9285 F110  2AB1 D8BC B3BA BEA2 E0C5