Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 19:37:18 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        haas@willi.lion.de (Christoph Haas)
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: weird cable

Christoph Haas stands accused of saying:

> BTW, is there a way to attach a SUN Type 5 keyboard with mouse to a normal
> PC (maybe with the help of a PS/2 connector) ?? I really like the quality
> of this keyboards and would enjoy having one on my FreeBSD machine at
> home.

If all you want to do is "connect" it, I recommend a few feet of duct tape.

If you want to _interface_ it, then you are going to have to write your
own keyboard interface driver, and you will need a logic/RS-232 level
inverter.

You should be able to get the basic keyboard protocol and keymap from
the NetBSD/Sparc keyboard driver.