Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 06:05:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Emre <emre@iris.vsrc.uab.edu>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Emre wrote:

> Not really.  All my other boxes (NetBSD/OpenBSD) run -current so I'm
> used to be on the "bleeding edge"  I figured it would be enabled
> by default, since FreeBSD promises to be _the_ Server O/S.

Please see http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cutting-edge.html#CURRENT

This question was really freebsd-questions material and not the kind of
thing which is appropriate for freebsd-current. If you're running
FreeBSD-CURRENT you're expected to be familiar with the technicalities of
FreeBSD (i.e. not just NetBSD/OpenBSD), which I'm not sure that you are,
yet.

It's not (just) about the danger to your own system, it's the hand-holding
load on the developers when a FreeBSD neophyte thinks he's ready to run
the developer's version :-(

Kris