Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2008 05:56:30 +0000
From:      Gobbledegeek <gobbledegeek@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Fwd: ATI driver for Radeon 7500 broken?

My monitor goes into suspend mode with the ati driver of xorg, and I
 cannot switch terminals back to text console - the only option is a
 hard reboot. In fact I recall it was broken in fbsd 6.2 also.

 Vesa driver works ok except that screen flicker is very noticable at
1280x1024@75hz. Ubuntu dapper  6.06LTS does not show this problem on
the same system.

 Is something broken about the ATI and 7500 in Xorg Freebsd?
 This is fbsd 7.0 with Xorg 1.4.0. Nothing unusual in the logs.

Please cc me as I am not subscribed.

 --
 Kind Regards
 GobbleDeGeek