Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2016 08:52:17 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        "Jukka A. Ukkonen" <jau789@gmail.com>
Cc:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: A little confusing inconsistency

Heh, well, what's missing is this description but for a larger set of
existing boards.

eg:

* arm/arm64 :)
* some i386, some amd64
* some mips (but mips is mostly easy - we don't necessarily get a
"we're running on this platform!" string unless we compile it in)
* sparc64
* powerpc

If you can come up with examples that make sense for the platforms
then we can all figure out how to implement it. It's adhoc because
there's no formalish spec or guidelines for implementing.

-a