Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:34:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      ERRIC CHANEY <erricchaney@yahoo.com>
To:        "Ronald G. Arnold Jr." <rarnold@colemantx.com>, freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: installation problems

Ron,

i got the kernel and mfsroot disks made. I booted with
the kernel disl in the machine.

at the boot: i typed in -Dh, otherwise it said I had
no keyboard. well after that it rumbled along an then
asked for the mfsroot disk . it clunked along  some
more and then displayed a message that it was getting
ready to boot the kernel. It goes to the kernel
configuration screen and just sits there, and my
keyboard does not function. My keyboard , mouse and
all my peripherals are USB, that should not make a
difference right. What am I doing wrong?. Coulld you
give me very specific install instuctions. I have been
to this screen before. I have installed many windows
OS's and never had this problem. I really would like
to get thi installed.

P.S. please include hard drive preparation. currently
I have 3GB of hd space unallocated on my primary HD.
Is there anything I need to do to this space I missed?
Also, I have a boot loader that came with Partition
magic 5.0 that will allow me to bootto a different OS
is this the problem? finally, the damn thing stillwill
not boot from the disk.  HeLLP!!!!!!!!!!!

=====

SINCERELY,
ERRIC G. CHANEY