Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 23:55:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Kenneth P. Stox" <ken@stox.sa.enteract.com>
To:        John Reynolds <zeek@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: COMDEX CD's ... ???

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, John Reynolds wrote:

>   http://slashdot.org/articles/98422204756.shtml
>
> Anyone know if there was anything FreeBSD at Comdex??? I wonder if Walnut
> Creek would help us try and do this sort of thing during this Fall's
> COMDEX???

Well, as I said to Jordan in an earlier email, there was good news and
there was bad news.

	First, the good news, whenever FreeBSD 2.2.6 was put on the table,
it was snapped right up. BTW, humble thanks to Pat Volkerding ( Of
Slackware fame ) for actually selling FreeBSD cdroms. Pat showed the type
of attitude and behavior that the rest if us should think about. To him,
FreeBSD is a friend, not an enemy. We should all be evangelizing FreeBSD
AND Linux, not FreeBSD vs. Linux.

	Now the bad news, they ran out of 2.2.6 CD's and only had 2.2.5
left as of mid-afternoon Wednesday.

-Ken
 stox@imagescape.com