Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:41:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.0-19990130-SNAP - ld.so not installed

Hi,

   I just installed the 0130 snap. The install process did not
install /usr/libexec/ld.so ...

   I ran a make world which built and installed correctly:

>>> Installing legacy rtld
cd /usr/src/libexec/rtld-aout; /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/make -DNOMAN install
install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 555  -fschg -C ld.so /usr/libexec

   So I back-tracked to where the snap is generated.

   The make release process is correctly building and installing
this into the snap area:

/snap/release/usr/libexec/ld.so
/snap/release/usr/obj/aout/usr/src/libexec/rtld-aout/ld.so

   but it doesn't appear to make it into the /snap/release/R/ftp area.

   Is this the expected/correct behavior? or am I missing something?

Thanks!
John