Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:39:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      vogelke+unix@pobox.com (Karl Vogel)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware suggestions

>> On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 12:04:34 -0400,
>> Jaime Kikpole <jkikpole@cairodurham.org> said:

J> I'm looking for new hardware for my web filter (FreeBSD + dansguardian +
J> squid).

   Have a look at the Ars Technica system guides for suggestions on rolling
   your own PC.  They discuss three general-purpose systems with an eye
   towards good gaming performance: the Budget Box ($600-$800), the Hot Rod
   (slightly higher-end at $1400-1600), and the God Box for when you hit
   the lottery.

   They don't emphasize any one OS, so check against the FreeBSD hardware
   compatibility list.

   http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/guides/2011/03/ars-system-guide-march-2011-edition.ars/

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

We are reluctant to admit that we owe our liberties to men of a type that
today we hate and fear - unruly men, disturbers of the peace, men who resent
and denounce what Whitman called "the insolence of elected persons" - in a
word, free men.     --Gerald W. Johnson, American Freedom and the Press, 1958