Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2008 14:54:28 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable-list freebsd <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 7.1-RC2: link_elf: symbol cp_time undefined

Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Dec 25, 2008, at 17:36, Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de> wrote:
>
>> Garrett Cooper wrote:

>>> Did you compile your kernel from scratch?
>>> -Garrett
>>
>> No, it came with freebsd-update (every possible freebsd-update since
>> the install from the 7.0-BETA4 CD). Outside /etc, the IDS function of
>> freebsd-update only reports a mismatch for /boot/kernel/linker.hints
>> -- can this be the problem? (I will try to replace it tomorrow.)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jan Henrik
>
> It shouldn't be the hints file. I would think it's a lack of Linux
> support built into the updated kernel. I've never used freebsd-upgrade
> though..
> -Garrett

Thanks for your answer. The problem is entirely my fault. From 7.0, I
still had /boot/ulegeneric in my kern.module_path instead of
/boot/kernel -- and /boot/ulegeneric is still there containing a 7.0-p6
kernel with ULE scheduler, of which the modules do not work with the
7.1-RC2 kernel (booted from /boot/kernel).

Sorry for the fuss.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik