Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 10:30:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dec@lazarus.nrtc.northrop.com
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HRecofiguring to greater than 16Mbyte Text Segments

> 	Now, the reason I say MAGIC is because /sys/i386/include/vmparam.h
> 	tells us:
>
> /*
>  * Machine dependent constants for 386.
>  */
>
> /*
>  * Virtual memory related constants, all in bytes
>  */
> #define MAXTSIZ         (16UL*1024*1024)        /* max text size */
> 			^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 16Mbytes!!!!
[ ... ]

> Suggestions?

Crank that baby up (no more than 1/2G, please!), delete your kernel
build directory in case the dependencies aren't all there, and build
a new kernel.

If it doesn't crank up, post to the -current list, or send to John Dyson
directly, and he can explain why, and maybe you can fix it (but it may
just work).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---