Date:      02 May 1998 00:48:13 -0600
From:      misfit@xmission.com (Anthony C. Chavez)
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD sticker (please read) (was Re: FreeBSD * slogans*)

Nicole <freelist@webweaver.net> writes:

>  MS - where do you want to go today?
>  FreeBSD - Been there done that.. Next..

I like this one the best, but I'd have to say that a "plain" bumper sticker
with the standard "Powered by FreeBSD" (with the lovely picture of Chuck that
we are all familiar with) would look PERFECT on my 4x4 (right next to the
"And God said... <Maxwell's Equations> ... and then there was LIGHT!" sticker).

In other words, I'd like the (official?) "Powered by FreeBSD" sticker the best.
:-)

--- Important part follows ---

I recently spoke with a company (Pegasus Publishing, http://www.bab.com/) that
prints bumper stickers, and they said that they would be willing to make
FreeBSD stickers.  I got permission from McKusick (or however you spell his
name) to print the exact sticker I mentioned above (Powered by FreeBSD) to make
10 for personal use (not for sale), but was unable to hunt down a suitable
graphic on the WWW (or anywhere else).  I'm sure getting his permission to
print stickers for sale won't be a problem.

They need a very high resolution graphic that is fairly large.  I have the
exact dimensions in another mailbox.  If anyone would like me to post them, let
me know.

PLUG: Go to Pegasus' web page!  They have lots of really cool stuff for sale.
Cthulhu/Lovecraft, role-playing/fantasy, and all sorts of other memorabilia for
the hard-core geek.  Not just stickers but t-shirts and other junk.  Enjoy.

--
Anthony C. Chavez <misfit@xmission.com>