Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:50:37 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: broken MBR

--------------enig1ACF1401B471E0EFD37309EF

Marko Lerota wrote:
> Insted of F1 I get F-| on boot menu and system won't boot.
> How do I remove FreeBSD boot manager from MBR? I didn't=20
> find any docs in man fdisk or boot0cfg.

You mean the "F1 prompt" is garbled? You could, technically, remove the
loader but I don't think there's a tool for it; you can replace it with
something else, or mark the partition non-active. In any case you'll
need to boot from a live / fixit CD, then either use fdisk, boot0cfg or
some other way (I had nice experiences with sysutils/extipl) to replace
the boot loader.