Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:03:05 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Matthias_H=FCtsch?= <matthias.huetsch@sun.com>
To:        dev@porting.openoffice.org
Cc:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [porting-dev] FreeBSD and webdav problems

Hi Martin, Kevin,

See my comments inline, please.

Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
> On August 16, 2002 03:14, Martin Blapp wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> Both my OOo 1.0.1 build and my OO642C build hang on that nastly page.
> So whatever the problem is, it is not FreeBSD specific.
>
> You might want to file a full issuezilla to track this and assign it to the
> webdav team.

Yes, please do so. The 'webdav team' should translate into 'Component =
ucb', 'Subcomponent = code'. Owner should be 'kso@openoffice.org'.

> I will look at webdavdebug.out and the code later this weekend when I have
> a moment.

I've looked at it, and my impression is that the 'loop' is an infinite
HTTP redirect response (look at the repeating '[Status Line] < HTTP/1.0
302 FOUND' log entries') that is not properly handled (either by 'neon'
itself, or by the controling 'ucpdav' code).

> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

As Kevin now has confirmed that this is no 'porting' issue, we could
probably move the discussion over to the 'guilty' ucb project's mailing
list (dev@ucb.openoffice.org), if everybody agrees.

Hope that helps,
Matthias