Date:      Wed, 13 May 2015 19:28:26 +0300
From:      =?UTF-8?B?0JvQtdC+0L3QuNC0INCu0YDRjNC10LI=?= <leo@yuriev.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ReOpenLDAP - We are looking for a hero

Hi, Guys.

We looking for a person (preferable speaking Russian), who is ready,
wants, could, has enough competencies and self-motivations to become
contributor/maintainer ReOpenLDAP in *BSD world.

ReOpenLDAP - is a clone of well-known OpenLDAP project, but our
primary goal is a 24x7 highload clustering (with realtime multimaster
replication) for Telco industry.
https://github.com/ReOpen/ReOpenLDAP

Please, we do NOT want to discuss "Is it right and reasonable to make
fork OpenLDAP...".
We just do what we need, and keep the source open, but no more.

We are not sure that ReOpenLDAP is needed for FreeBSD and other
BSD-like platforms.
Also it is not any reason to support *BSD by our team, except a "make
world better", but we haven't the resources and competences to do it.
So, we decided simple - if such hero will appears, then seems it is
needed, otherwise not.

Currently we decide to support only Linux and gcc/clang, all others -
is already or will be dropped (it is require a lot of work to cleanup
the source code).

In responsibilities such hero will be:
- decide about which versions of *BSD should be supported;
- build and support reasonable CI (Continuous Integration) process;
- provide compatibility for relevant version(s), submit patches and/or
pull-requests;
- propose solutions and participate in the discussion;
- provide and maintain port(s);
- etc...

Thank in advance,
Leonid.

Lead software architect and developer in Peter-Service R&D.
Moscow, Russia, http://www.billing.ru/en

https://ru.linkedin.com/pub/leonid-yuriev/66/a55/676