Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:51:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound card

Can anyone translate from the CARDS list of chips in
/sys/i386/isa/snd/CARDS to at least ONE real sound card that's still
being sold, that I can buy?  (recoomendations like a GUS card, that
isn't being sold anymore, fall into the useless category).

I want to have sound here, but the info available on which to buy, it's
not terribly helpful.  You don't know what chip your card uses until
after you've bought it (these guys don't advertise chips).

Don't worry about giving me a "best" recommendation ... if it plays
sound, I'll probably be real pleased (I haven't time to get more picky
right now, so I won't insist on *best* card, just *a* card).

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).