Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:34:28 +1000
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6722@twc.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Synth and gcc-aux status?

On 26/08/2019 12:57 pm, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> What is the current status of synth with FreeBSD ports, and I could also ask about gcc-aux.
>
> I see gcc-aux remains at v6 (gcc6-aux) while gcc is updated to 7.4.0 and 8.3, and even 9.1.
>
> Is poudriere now the main tool for updating ports?

Poudriere has always been the main (FreeBSD) tool for QA and package
building.

Note: While poudriere has overlapping functionality with portmaster and
portupgrade, in the sense that they all "build ports", poudriere was
designed primarily as a "package builder", not as a local port/package
installation tool, though it *can* be used that way.

> What is the status of portmaster and portupgrade now?

Both are maintained as far as I know. portmaster has FLAVOR support, I'm
not sure about portupgrade re FLAVORS, though I do recall seeing reports
of it not working in the not so distant past, so it may not.