Date:      Fri, 01 May 2009 22:03:47 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gustau_P=E9rez?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        "Paul B. Mahol" <onemda@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Signal sensitivity problem with if_rum

> There is several places where bbp17 is changed.

   Editing the code looking for calls to the function rum_bbp_write,
I've been able to find where bbp17 is changed at init. Changing
rum_def_bbp[3] (which is reg 17) to values quite 'big' like 0x10 or 0x14
doesn't seem to affect its behaviour.

   Lowering it even more (0x01for example) sometimes shows more
reacheable AP's in range; but signal quality still very bad.
 Changing RT2573_NOISE_FLOOR doesn't make any change (in terms of signal
quality, which remains the same).

  Any idea if is there anything to change/tune ?

   Regards,

   Gus