Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:44:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jiawei Ye <leafy7382@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Processes stuck in *unp_m after recent uipc changes

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Jiawei Ye wrote:

> With the latest uipc locking changes, I experienced a hard lockup on my
> -current machine. Many processes got stuck in *unp_m state and
> ctrl-alt-delete at the console cannot properly restart the machine and I had
> to hard-reset (no coredump available). Is there anyway to diagnose this?

Please configure WITNESS, DDB, and BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER on a box with a serial
console.  Then attach the output of "ps", "show alllocks", and "alltrace" to
an e-mail.  With any luck, this is a leaked lock in some missed error case and
we can just add a missing unlock.  Thanks!

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge