Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:23:58 +0100 (MET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Ferdinand Goldmann <ferdl@atommuell.oeh.uni-linz.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ordering 3.1 - The Saga begins

While I cannot and do not want to speak for Jordan, having an Austrian
address as well, here are my 0.02 Groschen.

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Ferdinand Goldmann wrote:
> So I have one simple question, and maybe someone on this list can
> give me an answer. Why does Walnut Creek ignore this order? Is it
> not worthy enough?

For sure it is. I've had smaller orders shipped quickly.

> Have the people at Walnut Creek mixed up Austria with a country like
> Iraq, for which the US government has (very questionable) export
> restrictions?

No. I have received my 3.0 and 3.1 disk very quickly, and a FreeBSD cap
and Polo short I ordered ten days ago arrived yesterday. So apparently
your Austrian address is not the problem.

My personal experience with cdrom.com has been very favourable. E-mail
response has been quick and helpful, shipment immediate and with problems.

Gerald