Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:18:38 +0200
From:      rudy.gheysens@gemeenschapsonderwijs.be
To:        hackers@freebsd.org

Dear Sir,
Madam,

For the thirteenth time already our association is organi-zing a cartoon
contest. Firstly, we would like to thank all parti-cipants of the 1999
contest. The large number of entries proves their confidence in our
orga-nisation and this is a real incen-tive for us to do even better in
2001.
We hope we can count on your collaboration and wish you a lot of success!

The President
Rudy Gheysens
	RULES

1.	Theme: " THE SUPERMARKET ".

2.	The number of entries is limited until 5.
They shall not have been exhibited or publis-hed before.

3.	The works have to be sent to the following address:

	   EURO-KARTOENALE
	   WAREGEMSESTEENWEG 113
	   B- 9770 KRUISHOUTEM - BELGIUM

4.	The drawings shall have the following dimen-sions: 210 x 297 mm. The
works shall not be provided by a passe-partout, neit-her be stuck on to a
larger paper.
	The drawing must bear, on the reverse side, the surna-me, christian
name and address of the participant. The drawings shall not bear subtitles.

	5.	By virtue of their participation, the partici-pants
autho-rize the organizers to publish some of their works that they have
received.

6.	The following prizes are foreseen:

1.GOLDEN EGG   	50.000 BEF (1.239,46 euro)
2.SILVER EGG     	30.000 BEF (743,68 euro)
3.BRONZE EGG   	25.000 BEF (619,73 euro)
4.PRIZE OF THE E.U.	15.000 BEF (371,84 euro)
5.BEST BELGIUM CARTOON	10.000 BEF (247,89 euro)

7.	By participating the participant lends his works to the organizers
for exhibitions.
	The works received will remain at the dispo-sal of the organizers
du-ring one year (until 01.11.2002).

8.	The entries will only be sent back by the organizers on receiving a
written request. The awarded works will become the property of the
organi-zers.

9.	EXTREME DATE OF ENTRY: 15.01.2001 !!
Opening of the exhibition: Friday 15/4/2001 at 8 pm.

DEADLINE         15.01.2001  _______________________________
Note concerning the catalogue

In order to receive the free catalogu-e, please attach FIVE (5) coupons "
international reply " to cover the postage.
These coupons ar available in your local post office.

E.C.C.      -      EUROPEAN CARTOON CENTRE

Dear cartoonist

Kruishoutem has the honnour to open the European cartoon Centre.

The centre aims at:
* displaying cartoons and caricatures of both national and international
artists
* extending the largest documentation centre regarding cartoons and
caricatures in Europe. This documentation will be the disposal of every
cartoonist in the world
* keeping the available documentation and cartoons at the disposal of
advertising agencies and designers in order to offer the cartoonists a
forum.

In order to accomplish this mission, the "Euro-kartoenale" will use its
private collection of cartoon books, publications, magazines and original
cartoons to start up the centre. However, this will not suffice.
We also count on the support and cooperation of the cartoonists themselves.
This is why we make an urgent appeal to provide us with cartoon books and
catalogues (personal work or copies from your private collection), magazines
(please send them regulary), dissertations and other suitable material.

Much to our regrets we do not have the budget to reimburse you.

We are looking forward to any support and will keep you informed of the
European Cartoon centre.

Rudy Gheysens