Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:43:37 -0800
From:      "Beauford" <beauford.2002@rogers.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can't boot into FreeBSD

Hi,

I am new to FreeBSD, but am not new to Unix or Linux. I do have a minor
(I think it is) problem. I have two HDs on my system. I installed
FreeBSD and it worked fine, except my second drive wasn't mounted. So I
added a line to fstab as I thought I had just missed something in the
install - apparently not. So to make a long story short, I now to boot
into something that I can only explain as Windows Safe Mode type mode.
All I want to do is remove the entry in fstab, but I can't get an editor
to work as paths aren=92t set and some things aren=92t mounted. So the
question is, how do I edit this fstab to remove this line, or is their a
better option?

Thanks

Beauford