Date:      Wed, 09 May 2007 00:08:58 +0100
From:      Florent Thoumie <flz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg merge and git

--------------enig24253FDB2413320222C48905

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> One question: will the ports still be accessible via git after the merg=
> of modular xorg branch ?
> I started to like git very much (as a distribution tool), it seems to b=
> much faster than cvsup.

Probably not, at least not the xorg branch. I'm hosting this tree on a
personal server and while it doesn't bother me to use bandwidth for
that, I can't tell it will stay there forever (I'll probably upgrade the
server soon, so the tree will be dropped and recreated) so I'm not
really comfortable seeing people using it as a day to day replacement
for portsnap (which IMHO is much faster, if you're not doing any
development).

--=20
Florent Thoumie
flz@FreeBSD.org