Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:33:52 +0000
From:      Joey Garcia <gummibear@nettaxi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Locale Errors while in Xterms and GNOME

I was wondering what this meant and how could it be resolved?  I looked
at the perl locale man page and I was curious to how I can set my locale
correctly.  I even took a look in /usr/share/locale but wasn't sure what
it all meant.  Since I'm in the U.S. I'm assuming I'd use some us
locales, but I'm not sure how to correctly go about doing this.  Any
help would be appreciated.  Some locale warnings and stuff is listed
below.

####################################

Below are GTK/GDK warnings that I get after running GNOME in my
xinit.log  (startx > xinit.log 2>&1)  I get these alot, one after
another almost endlessly.

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Below is an example of what happens when i run the perl program 'which'
in an xterm.

bsd:~/$ which
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
	LC_ALL = (unset),