Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:23:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      jtroy@goof.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on a WinBook laptop

	Has anyone ever installed FreeBSD on a WinBook laptop?  If so, did you
get XFree86 configured ok?  I have been trying to configure X on my friend's
WinBook for the past wo days and I haven't had much luck mostly due (I think)
to my lack of knowledge about the WinBook monitor specs (refresh rates, etc.).
I have looked on the web for informatino about this machine but to no avail.
It seems that no matter what I do, I can't get the screen to display stuff properly--everything comes up on the screen some funky shape or shifted too far to
one side or something like that...I am convinced it is bcause I am not choosing the corect settings for the WinBook's monitor but, like I said, I am having
a heck of a time finding info like refresh rates, etc .

	So, if anyone out there has had expieriece installing FreeBSD on a
WinBook or knows something about where I can get specs on the WinBook
I would appreciate it if you could drop me a line.

Thanks,

Jesse Troy
jtroy@vt.edu

hmmmm...I wonder if its against the law to install FreeBSD on a computer
called 'Win'Book... :-)