Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:27:39 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        jhb@FreeBSD.ORG (John Baldwin)
Cc:        valentin@valcho.net (Valentin Chopov), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CURRENT is freezing again ...

It seems John Baldwin wrote:

> 1) What revision of sys/kern/kern_synch.c do you have?  I fixed several things
> yesterday, and the latest version is 1.108.

1.108

> 2) If you do have the latest version, have you compiled a kernel with WITNESS,
> INVARIANTS, and INVARIANT_SUPPORT to see how it runs?

Have those in too...

It still cant compile a kernel, it hangs itself in ~30 secs, no messages,
no hints, no nothing, the machine just locks up solid as usual..

Mind you the same machines run 4.2 and PRE_SMPNG without a hitch...

> Also, I have noticed that occasionally on my SMP boxes the console seems to
> lose itself.  By lose itself, I mean that all output stops, and it doesn't
> process any input.  If I hit Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to break into the debugger, it
> suddenly catches up and processes all pending events before dropping into teh
> debugger, but hangs again when I continue from ddb.  However, the rest of hte
> machine works fine during this time.  I can ssh in, build kernels, reboot, etc.
> without any problem.

It has been like this almost since the SMPNG stuff vent in, at least on all my
-current machines...

-Søren