Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:39:33 +0600
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@cytherea.weblab.nsu.ru>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org, ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Improvements to ipfw code (followup)

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 11:40:03AM -0500, Robert Watson wrote:
> Just as a slight follow-up I should have included in my earlier e-mail:
> the merging of ucred and pcred should make this patch now be able to
> support real and saved uids/gids as well as effective uids/gids, meaning
> that it can be used to also restrict setuid applications such as ping.

Cool!  Right now I am cleaning up this 5-year old patch to catch up with
current IPFW code, fixing possible bugs, and separating optimizations
and features stuff for easier reviewing and testing.  I like the idea of
supporting real and saved uids/gids as well as effective ones, I think
I will include this functionality as soon as I get the whole thing working
with current -CURRENT.

Regs,
Alexey Dokuchaev