Date:      Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:29:09 -0700
From:      "Dave Walton" <walton@nordicrecords.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec AEC-4412 SCSI-SCSI RAID

I was just setting one of these up on 2.2.6 and ran into something
odd.  (Yeah, I know 2.2.6 is old.  I'll be reinstalling with 3.2 once I
get all the drives hooked up to the RAID.)

The relevent config settings look like this:

  controller      ahc0
  controller      scbus0 at ahc0 bus 0
  device          sd0
  disk            sd0 at scbus0 target 0 unit 0

And here's what I see in dmesg:

  (ahc0:0:0): "Adaptec AEC-4412BS 1.2." type 0 fixed SCSI 2
  sd0(ahc0:0:0): Direct-Access 8999MB (70420800 134 byte
sectors)

The problem?  The array on LUN 0 has a capacity of 34381MB, not
8999MB.  For some reason, it's reporting 134 byte sectors, instead
of the standard 512 byte sectors (which would produce the correct
disk size).  What could be causing this, and how can I correct it?

Another thing I notice is that I cannot seem to access sd0 with
anything.  Any attempt returns "Device not configured".
Suggestions?

(Please CC me in replies)

Thanks,
Dave