Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 00:50:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Madison <cmadison@tippy2.vnet.net>
To:        Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        Mike <flaq@synwork.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcpwrapper logs

> 	I just read both the syslogd(8), syslog(5) manpages but which
> catergory in /etc/syslog.conf does tcpd fall under?

%man tpcd

//...
LOGGING
       Connections  that  are  monitored  by  tcpd  are  reported
       through  the  syslog(3)  facility.  Each record contains a
       time stamp, the client host  name  and  the  name  of  the
       requested  service.   The  information  can  be  useful to
       detect unwanted activities, especially when logfile infor-
       mation from several hosts is merged.

       In  order  to  find out where your logs are going, examine
       the syslog configuration file, usually /etc/syslog.conf.
//....

%man syslog.conf

read again

%view syslog.conf

read a little more and then it should be clear