Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 2002 12:00:38 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>
To:        trini 0 <gms08701@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ccd PartII

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 06:06:00AM -0800, trini 0 wrote:

> Ok I was able to reset the drives so I could start over setting up ccd
> by doing ->
> # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rad1 bs=1k count=1
> # disklabel -Brw ad1 auto
>
> to both ad1 and ad2.
> Then Im following the instructions from the handbook at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/raid.html
> for building the ccd disk.
>
> I get to 12.7.1.1.3 Building the Filesystem where I run ->
> newfs /dev/ccd0c
>
> Im getting ->
> hivemind# newfs /dev/ccd0c
> Warning: Block size and bytes per inode restrict
> cylinders per group to 89.
> Warning: 1600 sector(s) in last cylinder unallocated
> /dev/ccd0c:     106928576 sectors in 26106 cylinders
> of 1 tracks, 4096 sectors
>         52211.2MB in 294 cyl groups (89 c/g,
> 178.00MB/g, 22400 i/g)
> super-block backups (for fsck -b #) at:
> <--(bunch of numbers-->
> newfs: ioctl (WDINFO): No such process
> newfs: /dev/ccd0c: can't rewrite disk label
> hivemind#
>
> Could someone point me as to where, I may have a problem.

I think you may be OK at this point. It has been a while since I set up
a ccd volume but I believe that error message comes from not doing a
disklabel on ccd0 before newfs. If I recall, it does not prevent the ccd
volume from being functional. Try to mount ccd0c and see.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj@charter.net