Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:51:15 +0200
From:      Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb.quenot@caraldi.com>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk-1.4.2p6_4 fails to build

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

* Greg Lewis:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 02:23:36PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>
> > The latest JDK fails to build on 5.2.1-RELEASE.
>
> The compilation failed due to gcc  segfaulting.  You might want to run
> some sort of  memory tester on your hardware.  Have  you noticed other
> strange crashes?

FWIW,  I rebuilt  world with  no problem.   Also, the  crash during  JDK
builds always happens at the same place.

However,  after  rebooting  into   5.2-CURRENT  and  mapping  libc_r  to
libpthread into /etc/libmap.conf, I can successfully build the JDK.

Since the native JDK is built,  the linux JDK runs without the following
warning:

VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location

Again, sorry if these pieces of information do not make sense.
--=20
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy