Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:28:40 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
Cc:        jason@intercom.com, sos@freebsd.dk, mwm@mired.org, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Video CDs?

Marc

> "CD Video" not "Video CD".

It could be original Laser Disc format.

Most people have the 12 inch (30cm) Laser Disk movies
but you could also get short videos on
CD sized disks with a mix of Laser Disc Video and
Music tracks.

My friend has one of these by a UK band called "The Mission"
It is a CD sized disk, 3 music tracks and a Laser Disc
Video CD track.

Laser Discs store uncompressed video. MPEG was not
even invented whem Laser Discs went into
production.

So, the only way to get the video is a Laser Disc player.
I do not know of any way to use a CD ROM drive to play
Laser Discs.

So, me and my friend have never seen the video on
his Mission CD.

Roger