Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2012 00:59:18 +0200
From:      Alberto Villa <avilla@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Scheidell <scheidell@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: MAINTAINER lines and Real Names

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM, Michael Scheidell
<scheidell@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Like with Apache, x 11, or perl?
> Trying to get something there committed it's like pulling tiger teeth with a
> pair of pliers. return I agree multiple maintainers is a bad idea.
> If someone is technical enough to want to maintain that, they can always use
> an alias it goes to a group.
> Oh, were talking to Apache  x 11 or Perl again

Teams are a different matter, they have an organisation so they can
work (exceptions to this are caused by some teams being formed by too
few people). Multiple individual maintainers will never be as
organised as a team can be.
--
Alberto Villa, FreeBSD committer <avilla@FreeBSD.org>
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla