Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 02:59:44 +0000
From:      David Banning <sky_tracker@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   digiboard serial port behaviour problem

I am converting an old SCO system to FreeBSD and the database they
are running is an old SCO 3.2 binary.

The digiboard PC/xe board seems to work with vi and mutt fine but
when there t comes time for the opening screen on this database program
 (I guess there is a burst of a lot of characters at one time)
the terminal hangs.

It makes no difference what type of terminal I use, or the emulation.

This digiboard problem does not occur in SCO under the old 3.2
system.

I just wonder if anyone knows if this type of thing can be helped
by adjusting one of the many parameters that are changable with
stty. I get the feeling it's a timing thing. All the terminals are
just 3 wires. I wonder if that could be another problem, as I
am guessing that the other wires would provide flow control,
and in their absence, I would be depending I think, only on
xon/xoff.

I changed the speed of one terminal from 38600 to 9600 with no
success.

When I installed the digiboard I got the opening messages;

dgb0: PC /Xe 64 K
dgb0: at port 0x320-0x323 iomem 0xd0000-0xdffff on isa0
dgb0: 8 ports
dgb0: driver is using old-style compatibility shims