Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:24:30 +0200
From:      "Alex Zivenko" <twistfire@rambler.ru>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   xmms - problem - how to fix?

Hi!
I have some problem with my xmms mm player. When I'm treing to listen =
some mp3's it gives me aN error, that I don't know how to fix. I have =
KDE 3.1 if you need this info ^)
So here it is:
bash-2.05b$ xmms
/dev/dsp: Device busy
/dev/dsp: Device busy
/* with OSS driver */

** WARNING **: oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/dsp): =
Device busy

** WARNING **: oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/dsp): =
Device busy

** WARNING **: oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/dsp): =
Device busy
/dev/dsp: Device busy
when i'm truing ESOund driver it gives me an error
esd: Esound sound daemon already running or stale UNIX socket
/tmp/.esd/socket
This socket already exists indicating esd is already running.
Exiting...