Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2017 10:32:08 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
To:        danilo@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, list1@gjunka.com
Subject:   Re: net/openmpi fails to compile with default settings

>Makefile ident:      $FreeBSD: head/net/openmpi/Makefile 437439

Builds fine for me at the same ports revision:

===>>> The following actions were performed:
        Re-installation of openmpi-1.10.6_1
        Re-installation of openmpi2-2.0.2_4

However, I use a custom /etc/make.conf:

# cat /etc/make.conf
DEVELOPER=yes
DEFAULT_VERSIONS=gcc=7
FFLAGS+= -O2 -pipe -march=bdver2 -mtune=bdver2
FFLAGS+= -funroll-loops --param max-unroll-times=4 -ftree-vectorize
FFLAGS+= -g

I'll try now will all default options, most importantly
default GCC, lang/gcc, which is now gcc-5.4.0.
I guess you are using all the default options, right?

>see this since lots of ports depend on this openmpi. Am I missing something?

Is this true?
I think most ports needing MPI default to MPICH.

Anton