Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:43:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert I Murillo <rmurillo@engin.umich.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gimp and gtk

Hi-

  I tried to install gimp, got an error about an older version of gtk
already being installed, so I went to /usr/ports/.../gtk12 and did a make
deinstall then a make reinstall as instructed.  Then, back in gimp, I
tried to make again and it stopped with "Error: shared library 'gtk12.2'
does not exist".  /usr/X11R6/lib/ contains libgtk12.so.1.  Is it looking
for something else?