Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:12:01 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IRQ Problems with Stable

Warner,

  First off, my apologies for going off on the rant.  Getting awful flustered
over here.  Maybe we should have a usability study to determine how many
buildworlds does it take to just lose it! :)
  Seeing as how there seems to be some folks having some success with very
recent builds I'm gonna go another round with buildworld here on a fresh
cvsup.  Seeing as how this is going to take a number of hours I thought I'd
get a letter off to ya now.

  As it turns out, if I boot to GENERIC I have a functional system.  I've
already begun installing various ports and I'm going to continue moving
forward.  Worse case, I'll just cvsup the system back to RELEASE and deal
with it.
  Here's what I'd like to know from you.  Would you rather I hang out on the
fringe that is STABLE for a bit longer so as to troubleshoot this thing?  As
much as I want my system working, I'd hate to see FreeBSD go to 4.4-RELEASE
with a nasty bug.  At this point I'm cool either way.  It depends on where
this fits into your priorities for working this bug into others that you're
working on.  If you're booked, I'll just cvsup back to 4.3 and hang for a bit
there.
  Hopefully I'll just be able to zap you a letter tonight saying that all is
well. :)

Later on,

--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read."