Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:27:27 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Frank Laszlo <laszlof@vonostingroup.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: [ports-i386@FreeBSD.org: rlwrap-0.18 failed on i386 4]

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 08:59:21AM -0400, Frank Laszlo wrote:
> I did a sweet of INDEX to check for other ports depending on=20
> devel/readline, I didnt come up with anything other than my own=20
> 'ftp/quftp' port. Is this a new port? Or maybe I just missed it.

It's been there for 3 years, so no :)

In general you have to do a grep -r instead of just checking INDEX,
because not everything depends on a given port by default - the
dependency might be hidden behind an option.  In this case, it's only
a dependency on 4.x systems since 5.x includes a newer version of
libreadline that satisfies the dependency requirements.

> which needs to be upped to libreadline.so.5, I have submited a PR to fix=
=20
> this and CC'd the original port submiter (ijliao) The maintainer appears=
=20
> to be ports@. Maybe I should assume maintainership for this port? Thanks=
=20
> for the heads up Kris.

Thanks, we can always use more maintainers :)

Kris

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--