Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 1995 12:29:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: msql

As Satoshi Asami wrote:

> Ok, now I see.  It's because this port has PREFIX=/usr/local/Minerva. :<
>
> I added NO_MTREE=yes as a temporary fix.  Can someone look into this
> and see if you can change this port to install things in the right
> places?  (/usr/local/{bin,include}, etc.)?

It will certainly require major tweaking:

ls -FRC /usr/local/Minerva yields:

bin/			lib/			tests/
doc/			msql.acl.sample*
include/		msqldb/

/usr/local/Minerva/bin:
msql*		msqladmin*	msqld*		msqldump*	relshow*

/usr/local/Minerva/doc:
License.mSQL	mSQL-1.0.ps

/usr/local/Minerva/include:
msql.h*

/usr/local/Minerva/lib:
libmsql.a*

/usr/local/Minerva/msqldb:

/usr/local/Minerva/tests:
[killed for brevity]

msql belongs into bin; msqld, msqladmin and msqldump belong into sbin.

msqldb might be /var/db. :-)

The remainder probably would belong under lib and/or lib/msql.
(msql.h and libmsql.a should not be installed with x-bits, either.)

The ACL sample file would also belong lib/msql, but perhaps it's only
being searched at the top directory? (ACL == access control list)

The tests subdirectory should not be installed at all, the tests are
only runnable in-place where the compilation happened; they are
entirely useless in /usr/local/Minerva.

No, i don't volunteer to maintain it :), i've only installed it on
behalf of a friend last weekend.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/