Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2016 10:00:00 +0300
From:      abi <abi@abinet.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   security/strongswan start=route issue

Hello,

I'd like to open PR on upstream, but I want be sure that the problem exists not only for me, as the problem looks strange.
The issue is that tunnel behaves different if it autostarts (auto=start) and when it starts when traffic registered between left and right side. (auto=route).

The latter method not works. I see tunnel up, route table updated, but no traffic flows.
So, the test is very easy:
1. Stop strongswan
2. Change /usr/local/etc/ipsec.conf tunnel config to auto=route
3. Start strongswan and try to ping the right side.
4. The tunnel should up, but no reply to pings.

If it matters, I use virtual ip (as it's a laptop without left network and without external ip).

--
abi <abi@abinet.ru>