Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:51:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mobile PPP - PPP on a laptop with many connections....

I have a problem, I hope my fellow  laptop users can help me with. I have
several dial ups, ie, I need to dial a "9" while at work, and sometimes I need
to dial a long distance code as well as dial while I am at home, my
regular number.

I do have in my /etc/rc.conf file this command that starts ppp in the
background;

/usr/sbin/ppp -auto cybcon

But, I find whenever I change locations that requires a different number to be
dialed, like a 9 or a long distance code, I have to edit /etc/ppp/ppp.conf and
then reboot. I know there must be a simpler way.......

I am open to ideas

E-Mail: William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>