Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:39:31 -0700
From:      Jay O'Brien <jayobrien@att.net>
To:        FreeBSD - questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: root access to ftp, telnet

Jay O'Brien wrote:

> Bill Moran wrote:
>

>>Off the top of my head, I'm not sure how to allow root access through
>>FTP and telnet, but I'm sure the associated config files will have an
>>option to allow it.

Yep!  Apparently when I first brought up the system I learned about the
/etc/ftpusers file, and to get it to work I commented out the line with
"root" on it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. FTP now is
working the same as in the old build. Your comment caused me to look at
the filenames in /etc, and that one jumped out at me.

I do understand about security, it won't be accessible to the world in
that confiuguration.

Thanks again!

Jay