Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:46:01 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        doofus_@aeiou.pt, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Graphics Card Support

On Friday 08 March 2002 06:47 am, doofus_@aeiou.pt wrote:
| 3D Prophet 4500 is supported in FreeBSD 4.5? The drivers has been
| released, but only for Suse, RedHat and Mandrake... I just want to
| have graphical support..

Seems that you already answered your own qeustion.
FreeBSD doesn't provide any graphics drivers at all -- XFrree86 provides
open-source drivers; if the hardware requires proprietary drivers, it's best
avoided.  But if they are to be provided at all, they'll have to be provided
by the chipset manufacturer, and I believe that you just stated above they
they are not.

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                ME -->  http://www.babbleon.org
http://www.eff.org   <-- GOOD GUYS -->  http://www.programming-freedom.org