Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:10:40 -0400
From:      Peter Constantinidis <peter-c@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Enabling Freetype 2 Bytecode interpreter for nice anti-aliasing in X 4

Hi,

As of 2.0.4, maybe 2.0.3 too or earlier versions, the bytecode =
interpreter
in Freetype 2 which is used in Xfree 4 has been disabled for annoying
patent reasons. The website at http://www.freetype.org/ says you can =
still
use it by uncommenting a define, etc. and recompiling, reinstalling the
thing. I've only seen instructions on how to do it using rpms for =
mandrake
linux. This doesn't apply to Freebsd.

I would like to enable the bytecode interpreter as it would generate much
nicer anti aliased text and I was wondering if anyone here has done it or
knows how to do it as my skills aren't much past knowing how to make =
clean
install in the ports collection..

Thanks!

Peter.