Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:46:44 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMPNG kernel on UP

In message <200009141941.MAA86101@pike.osd.bsdi.com> John Baldwin writes:
: Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message <200009141928.MAA85518@pike.osd.bsdi.com> John Baldwin writes:
: > : It may be a kernel/world sync problem.  Although I don't know why the ioctl
: > : argument would suddenly become invalid.  Maybe it passes in a struct ucred,
: > : which changed in size just before the SMPng commit?
: >
: > I don't know either.  However, it might be because of permission
: > problems.  It will return EINVAL when it can't open the apm file for
: > write.  Maybe a devfs related issue?
:
: Hmm, it may not be using the right perms during make_dev perhaps.

Hmmm, they look good to me.  Maybe Mark's system doesn't have group
operator at gid 5.  That's one bad thing about the new DEVFS: it
appears to enshrine things like this in the kernel...

Warner