Date:      Thu, 06 Feb 2014 13:40:49 -0500
From:      "Mike." <the.lists@mgm51.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhclient and 10.0

I wrote a simple dhclient-exit-hooks script consisting only of the
following three lines:

	logger -t deh entering dhclient-exit-hooks
	env | logger -t deh
	logger -t deh leaving dhclient-exit-hooks

So far I've been using IPv4 DHCP only.

When the lease on the IP address is renewed or changes, I see entries
in the messages log corresponding to those three lines.

However, when the computer first boots up, I do not see any entries
in the messages log for the initial run of dhclient during the boot
process.

I'd like to see those entries, but I cannot find a configuration
parameter that instructs dhclient to call the dhclient-exit-hooks
script during the inital running of dhclient.

rc.conf contains:

	ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP"
	dhclient_program="/sbin/dhclient"

Am I missing something else that needs to be in rc.conf?

Thanks.